Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hello world! I'm back! At least I think I am. I have seriously neglected my duty to blog and I am sorry. I promise not to abandon you ever again. Ever. Seriously.

A lot has happened since I have written here, but in the grand scheme of things, I am still the same amazing, fun, awesome person I have always been. Just kidding. I am a rather sarcastic, dark personality, which can seem unpleasant. Even to me.

One thing I have not abandoned is knitting. In this time I've gone AWOL from here, I've knitted hats, socks, sweaters, scarves, and a lot more. If you can name it, I've knitted it. Needless to say, I have frequented most yarn stores in the Portland metro area (Twisted and For Yarn's Sake are my favorite ones).

Yesterday, I was driving on Canyon Rd and decided to stop by For Yarn's Sake to see if they would be kind enough to advise me how to turn a heel with the Magic Loop (a knitting technique).  I went in to browse and ask my questions. The owner was busy helping someone else at that moment, so I sat down on their couch to see if I could decipher it all by myself.

All of a sudden, I was startled by an obnoxiously loud Harley with a leather clad giant on top of it. He parked the bike and headed directly for the yarn store, looking all menacing. I watched him walk into the store and sit opposite of me on a chair. By this point, I was wondering when he will start either robbing the store, or killing people in it.

The man smiled at me in greeting, took out his knitting and started to knit. I must have looked stunned as I watched his tattooed hands working the needles with amazing dexterity and even grace, that he laughed and introduced himself as John. Or Jim. Or Josh.  I can't quite remember, but there it is.

What is the point of this story, you ask. I am not entirely sure, but if there is a point, it would be that everyone knits. Or that hard core Harley bikers can have sweet and gentle souls.  I wonder though, if John/Jim/Josh had ever stabbed anyone with the knitting needles... Hmm...

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment